Friday, June 15, 2007

Crappy Bluetooth

I've got this MacBook, right? And it's got Bluetooth built in, don't you know? But I don't got no Bluetooth devices.

So, while I was out in Phoenix recently, I impulsively bought a Bluetooth mouse at Fry's: the Macally model BT53 BTmouse.

What a piece of crap.

First, it's frustrating as hell because it puts itself to sleep at a moment's notice and you have to remember to click a button to wake it (just moving the mouse doesn't do it). Problem is, sometimes it takes more than one click to wake it up. You're stuck, clicking away, hoping it might come to.

Second, it comes with rechargeable batteries and a recharging stand. But, just two weeks after I bought it, they won't hold a charge any more.

What a piece of crap.

And I'm now 1,500 miles from where I bought it so I can't return to Fry's and dump it.

Grumble, grumble.

I still like the idea of a BT mouse, however, and so I bought an overpriced Apple-brand one at the Apple store in Birmingham. Works like a charm. I don't like the scrolly ball on the top as much as a regular roller thingy, but otherwise I'm liking it.


Wish it cost about half as much as it did, however.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home