Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Windows 7 Crappy Weirdness

I've installed Windows 7 on a new Vista computer I bought last month -- taking advantage of the free upgrade when it's officially released this fall.

And I'm mostly enjoyed it, but today it started some crappy weirdness that I can't figure out and for which Google supplies no answers. Here's what happens.

1. I start the copying of a folder from the C: root drive to an external hard drive -- a USB drive assigned letter K. Bother drives are formatted in NTFS.

2. The transfer stalls and the CPU usage spikes really high.

3. I get the error message:

"Item not found. Could not find this item. This is no longer located in K:Audio archive. Verify the item's location and try again."

The drive and location it's referring to are the DESTINATION drive. It's like the system has suddenly lost track of the destination drive/folder.

The only way to get the CPU to calm down after this happens is to reboot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home