Thursday, May 03, 2012

Crappy, Misleading Marketing by Pioneer Electronics: The AVIC-X940BT

I guess I should be accustomed to the marketing of electronics products being full of crap, but it's still disappointing when you get tripped up by it when purchasing an expensive device that is virtually unreturnable. Here is my story of my latest encounter with crappy, misleading marketing:...

To read the remainder of this article, please go to the new home for the Crappy Software blog:

http://crappysoftware.tvcrit.com/?p=52

2 Comments:

Blogger pablito said...

everything what is said here is true, it happened to me the same history, I can say this devide is extremely expensive, not just by the price, I paid $400.00 dollar to get installed in my jeep, and then after all, the connection with my android is very slow and every single time the same error (connect with the sound device), I am extremely disappointing as well, hopefully these comments prevent other pandora's fans to waste their money

8:32 PM  
Anonymous iNNovative Concepts said...

If you'd like to bring it to my shop I'll show you how it's done. I have one in my fiance's car and she uses Pandora over BT via SPP and has full control with her Droid Razr MAXX, same with a ton of customers that I've had. Never had any issues with the SPP, the AVIC-X940BT, and Android devices.

App Mode has to be set to bluetooth. If the source is set to Pandora on start up, it may not connect to Pandora. Simply turn it to a different source (non-app) then turn it back. Like I said I've had no issues with any of our customers and their bluetooth control for Pandora. Contact me if you'd like some help.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home