Friday, December 05, 2014

I Just KNEW Adobe's Creative Cloud Subscription Model Was Going to Be Crap...

...and now they're proving me right.

I hated Adobe's new plan of charging an extortion subscription fee for Creative "Cloud" when it was first announced. I finally and very reluctantly gave in to it when they reduced the annual fee to an absurdly low level for college professors like myself.

But now Adobe has shown me why this approach is so dangerous for consumers.

A few weeks ago, CC automatically updated Dreamweaver, a crucial piece of software for me--software that I use virtually everyday. And in updating to DW 2014.1 they disabled a key part of the program--its "design view." Now, you are forced to use "live view" (although only when editing fluid-grid layouts).

The problem for me is that live view is extremely clunky and slow and absolutely does not fit into my workflow. And I depend on design view for all sorts of things--including very quick edits to Web pages.

The loss of design view makes Dreamweaver unusable for me. I've been a Dreamweaver support for many years, but if they don't fix this, I'm going to have to find a alternative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home